Donald Trump FIRES his National Security Advisor John Bolton saying ‘I disagreed strongly with many of his recommendations’
- Trump fired Bolton by tweet two minutes before midday Tuesday in a dramatic and unexpected move
- He said he ‘disagreed strongly’ with Bolton ‘as did others in the administration’ hinting at internal fallouts between Bolton and Mike Pompeo
- But within minutes Bolton himself tweeted, apparently from the White House’s own network, that he had tried to resign last night and been blown off
- The two had clashed on Iran and North Korea and most recently on peace talks with the Taliban, with Bolton opposing attempts for an Afghan peace deal
- Bolton, 70, had been in Trump’s national security aide since April 2018 after the president dispensed with three-star Army general H.R. McMaster
You may also like...