The U.S. Coast Guard has rescued the fourth and final crew member from an overturned car carrier vessel in waters off the coast of Brunswick, Georgia.
- Capt. John Reed spoke of the ‘mess’ after The Golden Ray flipped on its side
- Three men were rescued from one room after rescuers rappelled down the hull
- The fourth was in a separate compartment and all were rescued on Monday
- ‘To see them get to freedom was amazing’, Reed said, describing the conditions
- All four South Korean men were said to be alert and in relatively good condition
- Pictures following their rescue show two of the men smiling as they were led to safety. A video posted online by the Coast Guard showed responders clapping
- The vessel caught fire Sunday as it left Brunswick, Georgia, carrying vehicles
- It is now stuck in the shipping channel, closing one of the busiest U.S. seaports
More information below
You may also like...